Commercial spaces can be a hive of activity. No matter what the focus of your business is, it’s likely that you have people working on a number of different projects…Read more
If you can, we encourage you to support our friends Alvin & team at Synthesis DNA for all their efforts on behalf of USC Architecture’s #OperationPPE.
USC Architecture OperationPPE is an entirely self-funded volunteer effort of 325+ faculty, students, friends, firms and more who are working around the clock to 3D print personal protective equipment for our medical professionals working on the frontlines of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. This effort has gained significant media coverage including the LA Times, CBS News, Curbed LA, KCRW, Built-In, Architectural Digest, Archinect, Architect Magazine and more.
It now officially partnered with USC Keck Medicine, LAC USC, CHLA, MLK Watts, and the Mayor of Los Angeles. So far, OperationPPE has produced over 2,500+ pseudo N95 masks and 1,500+ protective face shields. Despite efforts, the current demand in the City of Los Angeles is 15,000 masks per day to keep our healthcare workers safe. If they are not safe, we are not safe.
If you are able to support, you can go to done by following these steps:
- Go to this link: https://bit.ly/Give2OperationPPE
- Click on “Please direct my gift to a specific school or program”
- Type “Operation PPE” and another field will appear
- Type “USC Architecture Design Emergency Fund 2211011081”
- Fill out and complete the form as necessary
- Fwd a copy of your e-receipt to operationPPE@synthesis-dna.com so that we can track all contributions
Alternatively, if you or anyone you know has a 3D printer, and would like to join #OperationPPE’s efforts, their sign up sheet is here, and all STL files along with instructions can be downloaded here.